Thursday, June 28, 2007

Succumbing to the pressure...

Well, after being addicted for some time to everyone else's blogs, I have finally succumb to the pressure of making my own. I often think how neat it would be to keep everyone informed about our lives from so far away, well here you go or better yet here I go. I will tell you that I will do my best to keep this up, but don't hold it against me if I don't.

My husband and I moved to seminary a year ago with our then three year old boy, to pursue an MDiv. degree. We have been so blessed this year to make new friends and find a wonderful church, The Summit Church in Durham.

In March we began the process to adopt our second child from Ethiopia, Micah was adopted from Russia in 04. It has been an amazing experience that has taught us a lot about ourselves and who we are in Christ. We have nearly begun the waiting phase, which means we are done on our end and have to wait for all the paperwork to be processed. Then we get a referral for a little boy 12-24 mos. old.

So I no longer feel as though I am neglecting my son, I am going to go play on the playground with him.

7 comments:

Dustin said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere! We look forward to seeing more.

Dustin and Lori

Lori said...

I love the videos.

Unknown said...

Welcome welcome welcome! I look forward to reading of the news of the Atwood family. Never think anything is too small or not interesting to us, the readers. We love you and love hearing everything about your life!! I mean, heck, I posted about paint colors yesterday!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, the videos are the BEST!!! PLEASE have Trevor come teach ELI CRAMER to ride w/o training wheels!!!!!!

The Browns said...

Yay!!!!! I'm glad you are blogging!

-Jaime

Courtney said...

Hooray! I look forward to reading all about your daily life. Make sure you update often!

dp said...

welcome to the addicting world of blogs! I'm thrilled to now have one more distraction to take me away from throwing little stress balls across my bedroom in frustration while parsing Hebrew verbs!!!!