Friday, August 17, 2007

Summer of DAD!

Micah and Daddy riding bikes.
Micah and Daddy at the beach.
Micah and Daddy playing mini-golf.

Micah and Daddy at the beach.
Micah and Daddy at the Zoo.
Micah and Daddy at Chuck E Cheese
Micah and Daddy at a Durham Bulls game.
Micah and Daddy.
Micah and Daddy at the Natural Science Museum.


Well, they said it would happen and it officially has. My son prefers his daddy over me. I read a book "Bringing Up Boys" on the way to Russia to bring Micah home three years ago and in it, it talked about how boys between 3yrs. and 4yrs. begin to attach more to their fathers. I remember it saying how hard that would be for me to let him go and to allow him to model the characteristics of his father. Boy has it. He told me the other day,"Mom can you go to school instead of daddy. " And this morning he told me,"I love daddy more than you." Oh and of course, "Mommy, daddy is more fun than you." Wow! As hard as those things are to hear, I try to not let them affect me because I know that he has a wonderful daddy and who better for him to model.

Trevor told him the other day,"I will be going back to school and be working more so I will not be around as much, so I need for you to be the 'Man of the House.'" Trevor began to tell him all that he would be responsible for. Micah said, "I'm ready." So, now when Trevor leaves he says, "Can I be the man of the house?"

We have had a wonderful summer full of LOTS of family time. I will treasure this summer, because it will be the last of just the three of us. Then we move on to the four of us and create new memories.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It ebbs and flows...comes and goes...hang tight,you will be da bomb again. And then he will. And then you.

Posted on Trev's entry too.

Jay and Heather said...

I have been going through the same thing. But he still needs his mom for some things. We are still painting the house. We are literally painting every room in the house. It is a slow process with three kids and a working husband. We are getting there. I will post pics when all done. Miss you all like crazy. Give Micah a hug from all of us. Take care.

Courtney said...

I just have to say from a personal perspective what an awesome sacrifice you are making and it helps my husband so I really appreciate it. I know that Trev being away is hard on both of you and I know that day one was like 9 million hours. They won't all be that long. So, from Spence and me thanks for letting Spence borrow him yesterday for so long.