Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday came and went...

I awoke this morning to the thought of maybe to day will be the day, it is a Friday after all and good news seems to come on Fridays, from Natalie anyway. At 5pm, I thought enjoy the weekend and start another week on Monday. And I was tracking the boys bunkbeds that we have been waiting to get for a week and half and found that they arrived in Raleigh/Durham(40mins away) this morning at 8am, so I was thinking they would arrive sometime today, but at about 6pm I gave up hope on them as well. Praise the Lord that my hope is not in Natalie or in the delivery men, but in Christ, with whom nothing is impossible. In that I am encouraged and ready to wait for however long He sees fit. I pray in that wait He will refine me to be more like HImself.

For those who want to know, our shots went well. I had myself so worked up over these things and they really were not THAT bad. We went with, Yellow Fever, HepA Booster(had the first one when we traveled to China), Meningococcal, Polio, Typhoid(oral) and Malaria (oral). Let's hope we are covered.

I received from our agency the list of humanitarian aid supplies we have to take over with us. Things like;diapers, formula, wipes, purell and clothes. We have to collect clothing for sizes 0-8, lightly used or new. For those who live near me, if you want to make a donation of any lightly used clothes you may be getting rid of please let me know. Let the hunt for a bargain begin.

6 comments:

Jay and Heather said...

I am glad the shots went well. Praise God that our hope is not in the things of this crazy world. He is so much better. I wish I could be there to wait it out with you. I am extremely excited for you guys. Isaac is one blessed little boy to be coming into the Atwood family. We can't wait to see your new little one. Corbin was really impressed with Micah's bike riding skills. He wants to come see you and bring his bike.

emily said...

Waiting isn't fun!! Glad the shots went well. Have a great weekend.

Did you make the cute note?

now a redeemed heir of the ultimate bridegroom said...

So happy to hear that you got all the shots. Did you get them through the seminary? Love you!

Lindsey and Cortney said...

Glad the shots are over for now. We have another round before we are completely done. So your post...was that your day or mine?? HAHA, I promise that I start them with the same hope and then as it nears 5pm (Gladney time)the hope expires and I settle in for the next day!
I do have a doctorate in pharmacy. I graduated this May and I think I have worked pretty much every day since!!! It is really crazy how pharmacists are in such high demand here in the hills of KY! I guess it is because if you aren't from here there isn't a chance that you would move here!!!! But the Lord knew that I would need work right now and made it plentiful so that we can bring our sweet boy home!! However, once baby boy Clevinger comes the extra shifts will be over and mommy will work the least I can get by with!!!! Yet another reason I wish he would come quickly!!!!
Have a good one!!

Miranda said...

Hey Keva!

Sorry it took so long to update my blog. I am still so rusty at it that it takes me FOREVER! I am so excited for you guys and the upcoming arrival of your sweet little man. I know Micah is getting excited as well. We are actually going to be in town this weekend for the conference. We are arriving Thursday and will leave Saturday. We are going to ride through the neighborhood, so hopefully I will get to see you guys. We miss it sooo much!

Blessings!
Miranda

Lindsey and Cortney said...

Ok, so last night I read a comment on Drew and Carey's blog about how Natalie said at a meet and greet that there are 140 families in the Ethiopia process. I am sooo happy that 140+ children will be adopted from Ethiopia but I still wonder with only 17 babies (soon to be 15) in the Gladney house where are we on the list??? Could we be in for the long haul (3-5 months)?