Thursday, January 3, 2008

Another day...

Well we have completed five weeks of waiting for a court date with no end in sight, I feel. We were told when we received the referral it would be 2-4 weeks for a date. I spoke with Natalie this week to find out what is taking so long. She said the courts pick at random and it can sometimes take this long.

I do feel the anxiety of it all creeping in all over again. Sometimes I get this feeling it will never end and we will be in perpetual adoption limbo. I do not like these feeling or expressing them for fear of giving in to them and therefore not trusting God to be in control of ALL things. I constantly have to remind myself that God wants what is best for our family and this wait is creating that. My prayer is that I never give in to the temptation to believe the lies that this will not end well or that it will not end at all.

I hate to sound like such a downer. I do not want to come across that way. My faith is strong and my hope is in the Lord and his faithfulness. I also know that His love and patience with my ups and downs will never change. He holds me tight and gives me strength to endure another week or another month, however long it takes.

"For you, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You. Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; And give heed to the voice of my supplications!
In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, for you will answer me. There is no one like You among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours.
All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before you O Lord, and they shall glorify Your name. For you are great and do wondrous deeds; You alone are God."
Psalms 86:5-10

15 comments:

emily said...

The exact words that I needed to read- thank you for this gift today.

Praying for you daily- that you would get a court date! Have peace my friend, He is in control. (telling myself the same thing) :)

Natalie Fournet said...

Praying for you--the wait must be sooo hard. Thanks for sharing this--I know it is hard to do. It was such an encouragement to me! Natalie

Cindy said...

I'm thinking of you and your family and sending positive thoughts your way. Hang in there. Once you get that court date then there is only one more big wait....the count down to getting him in your arms. I'm hoping and praying it will be soon.

Lindsey and Cortney said...

Keva, My heart is breaking for you. I can't imagine how hard this part of the wait must be for you. I know the pain of waiting and your wait has been with so much uncertainty. I am so sorry that this experience has been this way. I know that you know that that God is preparing each of you for this union and once united it will be forever. I know that Issac is not in your arms and that is the greatest place for him but please find comfort in knowing that he is in loving arms at this time until you can squeeze him up and never let him go! He loves his caregivers and the other children there are keeping him very entertained until Micah can try out his big brother skills!! Your strengh is inspirational, keep your chin up...you can do this.

Jana said...

I can only imagine how tough this is. Praying for you!!

lg2006 said...

I have a friend who works in adoption and is moving to Ethiopia this week with her husband. She knows where the Gladney houses are so I asked her to go check on Isaac and send you some pictures! She is very familiar with the pain of the wait and the courts etc. I will be praying for you guys!

Nicholas said...

Soon, I promise.

Unknown said...

Even though you haven't received your court date and many others have, there have been multiple families that have had to endure multiple court dates before passing. Perhaps your waiting now will mean that you don't have to wait later! Good luck!

Unknown said...

I remember the last Sunday I was in church before we left to pick up Fin - I got all teary because it was the last time I would be sitting in the church without her (and then, John). The next time I would be in that spot I would have my children home, after praying and praying for YEARS to have this come true. It will end. It will end. It will end. You will have a houseful and giggles and love and tantrums and pottytraining and babyproofing and little monogrammed I things and I promise..this will end. And you will only remember this as a blip. Take it from me.

Shelly Roberts said...

Praying for you today .... know that you are not alone in this journey. Praying you hear of a court date soon!! Blessings, Shelly

Kerry said...

Keva, I just got back online!!! Had to tell you that Issac is gorgeous, but of course, you already knew that!!!:) Hang in there with the wait! I KNOW how hard it is...we waited six months for Alexander (not nearly as bad as Katie), but I remember well how hard it can be. I am praying every day that you will get the call, hon! Take care and big hugs to you all!!!!

Kerry

Erica said...

Keva - I am so sorry its taking so long. Gods timing is perfect - so much easier said then done. Praying for His peace and a court date soon.

The Browns said...

It's gonna be soon!! I just know it!

Broughton Clan said...

Keva....I enjoyed talking with you at Brad and Jena's wedding. You truely are an amazing woman and I want you to know that I am praying for you in this journey and I look forward to getting to know you in the future. Kristin Broughton

Laurzie said...

Come on, court date! Still praying... Em's right, the Lord is in control! It doesn't make the waiting suck any less, but He's walking through these tough days with you. I can hardly wait to read that you're on your way!