Monday, February 11, 2008

Sillyness abounds...


My two boys. They were having fun tonight making funny faces at the computer. It was one of those moments when I just stepped back and watched and relished in the fact that I am so blessed to have a husband that is 100% devoted to his family. We are his top priority. Even when as I type I am contaminating his computer with all my yucky sick germs.

We got an update on Isaac today. They say they he is the youngest amongst all the children in the foster home of only 18 children(can you believe how few there are), so he gets A LOT of attention. They continue to warn us that he does not warm to adult strangers quickly. They tell us this in every update, I think they are trying to prepare us for the possibility that he will cry a lot in our first meeting. BUT, I know that God will knit our hearts together and he will feel his mothers and fathers love. Oh how I long to hold him.

We have court on Thurs. We are praying that all goes well and we pass through with flying colors.

11 comments:

Nicholas said...

Things may take a little time, but in the big picture, God will make him know that you are his family and his Mommy and Daddy very soon!

Nothing good is ever easy - as the whole adoption process already teaches us!

He is your baby and your unity will and IS a blessing from God...

xox lori

el said...

i witnessed two little girls arrive home from ethiopia today, it was precious. your day is coming!

emily said...

Praying for you my friend. Can't wait to hear that Isaac is officially an Atwood on Thursday. What a wonderful Valentines blessing:)

Lindsey & Cortney said...

We are waiting for the news on thursday and praying that the world will have one more Atwood! 18 kids doesn't sound like a lot but when we were there it was nuts!! I guess because they are all running around and playing..it seemed like 50!! HA One thing you probably know too well from Micah's adoption is how important being bonded to somthing is. Issac seems very bonded with his caregivers so with your attention, love and affection he will have that tight bond with you quickly! I mean look at you and Trevor...who wouldn't fall in love with you guys ASAP!! You are the cutest family ever!! I can't wait to see the Atwood boys together and sweet little momma hanging on for the ride! I'm sure that these months have been very difficult for you but your faith in God and wonderful testimony have done God's work in ways you can't even imagine.

Carrie said...

Sophie cried at every meeting we had with her in the baby home (both trips) and pretty much our first full day together. Then she turned a corner. I think she gets happier everyday. She is still shy around strangers especially men. I do not see this as a negative. If Isaac is shy he will warm up when he is ready and it will be perfect.

I will be thinking of you on Wednesday night/Thursday.

mama becca said...

Praying for thursday...
becca

Jen and Brian Cantwell said...

Our son was 16 months at placement (from Kazakhstan), so I understand why they're trying to warn you. Those first few months can be really hard with a slightly older child, but I am standing on the other side of the journey to attachment and I can tell you it will work out in the end! Best, Jen

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

I'll be praying for great news tomorrow and look forward to seeing pictures! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

The Browns said...

tomorrow is going to be a great day - i just know it!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Woops...I was trying to correct my spelling and ended up deleting the whole thing...so once again I say...It was so great to catch up with you on the phone the other day. It is just amazing to see what God is doing all around us. We are so excited to meet Isaac as well. You and Trevor are wonderful parents and he is going to be so blessed by your love. Praying for you and miss you greatly. much love the alfonso's