Tuesday, April 22, 2008

life as I know it...



Are they not just the cutest!  They make their momma proud.

I know I have been a slacker.  Is there anyone out there that actually still checks this thing.  Well I know I at least have one person, my sister, and she is the reason for the post.  Who knew sitting down to the computer would be so difficult, but honestly it is.  The ONLY time I have is at night and by this time of day the computer is the last thing I want to be on, but I love you guys so here is an update on the fam.

I would say when we got home, "When things get back to normal..." and someone said to me, "The normal you are looking for is gone you will have a NEW normal now."  Well ladies and gents(if there are any, DP I know you read this thing) we have finally hit for now I believe, I hope, a NEW normal.  The boys are doing so well.  They fight yes, but only as they should.  Isaac is biting, hitting, scratching, pulling hair, but he is 18mos. and it is so his type of personality. So, we deal.  

I caught the boys today, playing together really well and it just warmed my heart.  Isaac has been battling double ear infections for a week now and today I feel that he is getting over that hump and he was so pleasant to be around.  He was walking around the house at one point blowing on a recorder (flute type instrument) and was so proud of himself for getting it to make noise.  So cute!

Also, I think if I put forth a little effort Isaac could potty train right now.  What do i do with that?  He cannot verbally communicate, but he sure can point and grunt and pull on his diaper when he has either just gone or is about to.  But, how do you potty train an 18mo. old?  Anyone out there done this?  Should I just wait or try?  Micah could have cared less until he was 3 1/2yrs old.  I am at a lose with this one.

Okay, that is all I have, sorry it is so lame.  Bear with me, I will move past this selfish stage at some point and become a regular blogger again.





21 comments:

dp said...

Rest assured, there is indeed a "gent" reader of your blog - great to see you back and blogging - praying for you all often!

DP

Shannon said...

I read it Keva!!! Thanks for the update!

Susan Wyatt said...

Keva,

I'm reading your blog and love seeing the updates. I've got two families I know of starting their Ethiopia Journey and its fun to see the fruition of all your hard work and waiting. The boys are sweet.

Unknown said...

Keva, I check you every time I get online, just in case. And I know Kerry and Cindy do too.

Pottytraining...hmmm.. Give it a shot but don't be saddened if it doesn't truly "take" until closer to three (so says the preschool teacher). I would recommend bribery. Lovely, huh? Whatever he treasures. Eli did it for mms. One for pee, 2 for the other. A kid in my class does it for cheerios. Same math. Another thing I did was earning smiley faces towards trains (remember the THOMAS DAYS??) for days all dry. But I is a bit young to truly understand rewards...I dunno. Get a potty that plays music. That might be incentive enough.

xoxo

Jay and Heather said...

Keva,
I check this thing everyday! Thanks for the post. I need to see these posts--it is my only way to watch your family grow. But I do understand how hard it can be to keep updated. Don't give up b/c my whole fam keeps a regular check on your blog.

Heather

Kerry said...

Yeah!!!! Your boys are so beautiful!!! I love seeing them happy together!

Kate is like Issac...always vocal about diaper changes. I think I'm going to get out the potty chair and see what happens! Maybe we'll both be pleasantly surprised!!!

Glad your back online!

Hugs,
Kerry

coffeemom said...

Keva, I do check it too. Because going from one to two is a tough one and because our boys are coming home close to the same age (yours and mine) so I get to virtually see into the future! Love the pics and the post. Sounds like some of the first speed bumps have been hurdled!! What a beautiful family.

Auntie Heather said...

Thank you love! :) I can't wait to put my arms around them...August seems SO far away. Love, your nagging big sister

J, A, T and Y said...

Cute pics!!!!

Cindy said...

I'm glad to hear from you. I check your blog daily and have been eagerly awaiting an update. Thanks so much!!! Also, can Micah and Isaac be any more precious?? They are so handsome.

Please keep the updates coming no matter how lame you may think they are. We love hearing how you guys are doing.

Shelly Roberts said...

Yeah!!! .... an update from Miss Keva!!! :) SO fun seeing your boys together. Wow! Thinking of you often and have so appreciated your encouragement along this journey. There are several families adopting children in this age range .... would you maybe post that email you sent to Ashley and I? It was SO helpful to just get a shot of what reality can be and know other moms are going through it. You have so much to offer silly girl .... you are so NOT lame!!! :) Love ya, Shelly

Katie said...

I love checking on you guys to see how you are doing. I have a friend who is about the adopt from Ethiopia, I told them about your experience and they might be contacting you with some questions. Hope that is ok. Good to see you guys doing so well.

Katie Woodruff

Lindsey said...

oh i check it just about every day! thanks for the update :) your boys look so sweet laying down on the pillow together!

Nicholas said...

Welcome back!! I read, but don't check as often as before...:)

Great update, they are too adorable for words... oh the trouble they're going to get into together!!!

Lindsey & Cortney said...

Still here too! I love Issac updates! Wow, potty training! Isn't he something? I'm happy to see how everyone found their place in the family and now you have all found normal.
Keep us posted.
Lindsey

Rachel said...

Hey Keva- We started working with Victoria in January (she was 17 months then) and today, she wore the same diaper ALL Day without wetting. We take her to the potty, but she is staying dry in between times. She does not tell us when she needs to go, but she goes when we take her. You know she is just a few weeks older than Isaac. As for pooping, we just put her and David Benjamin on the potty at the same time (he on the real one, her on the little one) and they talk to each other while they "do their business." It is working out well...I don't trust her for big girl undies yet, but we are definitely going the potty route!
See you outside! Rach

Courtney said...

Not that I have children to be giving any advice, but this is my two cents. Any time he indicates, put him on the potty whether he has already gone or is about to go. This will help him understand what's going on better. Also, let him go when Micah, Trevor, or even you go. And, since we know that he can probably be motivated by food (good grief, he can eat) you could do rewards. Just a few things that could work. We have had some kiddos at church potty trained at 18 months...

Dustin said...

Super-friends! (Or is it the Dynamic Duo?) I don't know but they look like fun and lots of joy. Hope you guys are doing well.

DW Boris

lg2006 said...

Oh I still read and anxiously await the updates!! thanks!

Isaac said...

Kiva
I have you in my feed reader. Isaac looks bigger. Molly has been posting a lot on our family blog.

Isaac said...

on the double ear infections
our second son had ear infections tubes, and other symptoms until we took him off dairy. might be worth a try. once we found the connection we would just limit dairy when he would show symptoms.