Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Six months....


First few days in Ethiopia 6 months ago...
...and now 6 months later.

Can you believe it...Isaac has been an Atwood for 6 months.

It is had to look back and him not be a part of our family. Although when I do sit a reflect back over all that has occurred in the past six it is astonishing.

Isaac started off in pictures as this little boy who we were told was timid to strangers and did not like smiling for the camera. Then comes the long hard three weeks of utter shock and lots o tears.

But since that time, he has blossomed into the most lovable, happy kiddo. He has the best smile. It just lights up his whole face. To watch him run is to precious. He has this great twist and whole body action. I laugh nearly every time. I just can't help those little things. He is my big helper. He loves to put away shoes and toys, help with the laundry, and most of all be where ever cooking is happening.

It has been great to reflect even over my own changes this time around. He definitely is the second child. I can tell it in nearly every aspect. I have to remind myself to take pictures. He doesn't get carried on my hip 14/7 like someone else I know. I keep telling people, "My kids not going to know any nursery rhymes."eeekkkkk! He drinks out of a cup and with big people utensils. And you all may be saying, "that's great" but you have to know what a lurker, spoiler, do everything for you kinda mother i was with my first. They will be so different. What am I saying they already are night and day.

Isaac will be two next month and though I know I missed out on so much of the first of his precious life I am so thankful he is here now. We will get many more birthdays, laughs, tears, scraps, hold yous, I love yous and I will treasure every one. I thank my God for those moments and for giving us a heart for orphans, just like the heart He has for us as sons and daughters in need of a Savior and Father.

6 comments:

The Monier Family said...

WOW! I am so happy to hear how well Isaac is doing. What a blessing you, Trevor, and Micah are to him. I pray that Isaac continues to be happy and enjoy life as an Atwood!
Take care and tell Micah Jeremiah says, "hi!".

The Browns said...

I have thanked God for that little boy every day for 6 months and plan on thanking Him every day for the rest of my life, not only for Isaac, but for all four of you.
Love yall!

Cindy said...

I can't believe it's already been six months. Congratulations and here's too many more milestones to come.

Love you guys!!

Kerry said...

6 months already??? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Now, we need new pictures....

Carrie said...

I am so there with you. Poor Sam does not get anywhere near the attention that Sophie got. I feel so bad. Of course I am here blogging when I could be playing with him.

I am so happy for your family. Isaac is precious. Can't wait to see more pictures of your boys.

emily said...

So precious!! Thanks for the update on cute thing.