Monday, November 17, 2008

Micah's Soccer season






Micah played club soccer this fall and had a blast. He did a really good job doing the one on one drills during practice, but got a little silly during the actual play. He was so proud of his very first trophy. We always picture him playing One Goal Sports, so it was a little bitter sweet when he began, but we enjoyed our time with Triangle Futbol Club. He is already wanting to play again. He will begin basketball in Dec. and then do soccer again in the Spring.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

If I can help dispel the One Goal thing (sorry sorry sorry Trevor. You know I love you.) - Eli played OG soccer at age 5. Wouldn't play again till I signed him up for YMCA indoor soccer at age 7. LOVED it. When I asked him why he complained so much for One Goal - he said "This is indoors. There was far too much weather in the One Goal season".

My prima donna.

Cindy said...

There is indoor soccer???? Really!!! That's for me and my kids...okay mostly for me. Anyway, I remember Wyatt playing OG soccer at 5 too. Well I guess you can say played, although it wasn't really with the ball. It was mostly him and another friend playing in the dirt and watching the ball whiz past them. What great memories.

emily said...

So much fun! I love watching my kids play sports. :)

Lisa said...

Here's another kid who grew up playing for Triangle FC, if you want to show Micah :)

http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/drake_tommy00.html

Kerry said...

Too, too cute!!!! Congrats on the trophy Micah!

Grandpa said...

Hey Micah! Great job with that trophy. I bet you will win another one playing basketball. you are really good, man.

I love you. Grandpa

Susan Wyatt said...

I look forward to my kiddos getting to play sports. Jack asks everyday to play soccer in the hallway outside our apartment... so we let him! When you have such a small place for 5 people you've got to get creative!