Saturday, June 30, 2007

Decorating the boys room...hummm!


I have been thinking for sometime how I would decorate the boys' room. This is as far as I have gotten...a bed. We picked out one we found on EBay, but we have to wait until the adoption is paid for before we can purchase.
We did Micah's TN room in a geographical theme; sailboats, maps, blue gingham. Now he has a sports theme; North Carolina basketball, Redskins football, Reds baseball, hummm, does this sound like someone else we might know? Yes, his daddy. So, the dilemma is, do I go back to the geographical theme or keep what we have?
We are entering the wait period and it is driving me crazy to do SOMETHING, but when you have no money you just can't. Well, we will be headed back to TN in the fall and I guess we will have to have our minds made up by then. Everything is stored there so we wil have to commit to what we will bring back with us. Oh the wait...YUCK!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

That's so funny that you posed about this today because I JUST bought some things for the boys room today. I am going to be moving them in together when we get the little one so I wanted to do everything completely new. I found the cutest set at Pottery Barn (which is normally crazy expensive but I got the last floor model on a crib bumper for Phin so it was $24.99) and their room will be like surfer/island kind of thing. I'm excited like you had said about doing something productive and it helps me focus on the children right in front of me and making their room their fun space. I'll try and email about getting together this week.

Unknown said...

Ooooh, girl, you know I love me some decorating talk. Okay - first, paint is not that expensive. Paint something. I painted Finley's room twice during the wait for her!! It helps a lot, you feel like you are doing something - ANYTHING. Also, I bought the boys' bunkbeds on Ebay as well. I think the ebay store was called Jordan Furniture and they are great - single over single, wood. It came in a MONDO huge box and Dustin put it together. It is fine and really sturdy. And I got my comforters at Kmart - really cheap, but basic boys stuff. That red and blue and white look. That is what my boys room looks like with red walls, but the red walls are TERRIBLE (red is hard to paint and not be sloppy). I am going to repaint, I think khaki colored. Very pottery barn. Lots of black accents. But cheap!

Okay, I am going to tell you to not do any motif, but if you just have to, do that geographical one again as it was faaaaabulous. Also, let's face it, you will have two very cool boys from two very cool places in that room! I did a motif in Fin's room and did not in the boys room, and I like the versatility of the accessories in the boys room better. You just get so TIED in to a theme...I just concentrate on colors mainly. I am so SURE all your friends and family wanted to read all of this - but now I am too lazy to send it in a personal email.

Unknown said...

Oooh, wait, I am on a roll. A really cute thing to do is to make an art bar like they do in Pottery Barn Kids - I got a piece of baseboard from HD, painted it white, and superglued some clamps on it (like to clamp and hold the art - like big flat silver clothespins). Nice thing for a bigger wall that you want some "oomph" on and it gives it some "personalization" when they get to that preschool-doing-art-all-the-time age.
And what do you mean you are coming to TN? I need to reread this part. Are you moving back? I am so excited! If I read it wrong, just lie to me.

Unknown said...

Oh, bring back with us. Fine. Have it your way. Sigh.