Sunday, July 8, 2007

Cherishing the sweet moments

Do you ever feel as though you are to critical of your children? I do. I am the mother that from the time my child came home at 14mos. until he was 3 got compliments on how well manner and sweet and cute my child was. Now, I am picking him up from Sunday School and I am being told he is kicking and not listening. His temperament has become such an issue over the past few months that I sometimes feel like I am at my wits end. So, what do I then begin to do? I compare him to other children and find all his faults.

So, I wanted to take this time to share some of his sweet moments:
-We tell him quite often he is such a hugger. He loves to give them out to whoever will take one.
-He tells me he loves me all day long, sometimes with one of those great big hugs.
-He always tells me "thank you and may I be excused," when he leaves the table.
-He loves to help me do laundry.
-or help his daddy fix whatever may be broken.
-His laugh is so intoxicating. It is so pure.
-He loves to pray at night for others, he has a list and he likes to pick out who we will pray for.
-He says "I'll be patient while I wait for my baby brother to come home."


These are just a few, I could go on and on. But it is good to remind myself of those moments and cherish them in my heart. He is a gift from God and I want to bring glory to God in raising him.


Is that Micah or Gloria Vanderbilt?

"I'm singing in the rain..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I am with ya on this issue - as my John is the same age...but I know (from having Eli) that it WILL GET BETTER, but maybe not until the boys turn five...stay the course...really, we will get through this...he is wonderful and merely only having some rough days.

Courtney said...

Just wanted to let you know that I still think he is super sweet, especially with how excited he gets over the smallest things at church. He is truly what a leader looks for when she is up there and no one is excited about what she has just announced and it flopping miserably. Then out of nowhere a sweet voice says "YEAH!"