Friday, July 6, 2007

Being peed on and other fun stuff...

I have to tell you a funny story. We have been getting Micah up at night before we go to sleep, 11:30ish p.m. so he can pee one last time before we all go to sleep and he doesn't wakes up in the morning wet. Well last night I got him up like normal and he was sitting on the potty half asleep and I was holding him up, then all of a sudden I feel something warm and wet all over my shirt, then my pants and I realize I am being peed on...YUCK. I have never been peed on before, not even by a baby. So, I guess I have been christened and it was by a four year old, who by the way was oblivious to the whole thing. He managed to stay dry and went right back to sleep.

Well on the decorating front I have been checking out a few things and here are a few things I have picked out that I thought would be easy to change to. I have been checking EBay for the frames. I thought if I bought one a month, by the time Isaac comes home I will have enough.
The chair is something I really want because Micah has one just like it and it has his name on it. He uses it all throughout the day. I think I want the light blue color, Micah's is red.

New news on the adoption. Our agency has officially sent our homestudy to CIS. YEAAAA! But then they told us it could be 6-8 weeks before we get our approval letter. YUCK! I think because Micah came home in five months from start to finish, this may be a little harder wait. I have nothing to complain about because in the grand scheme of things it could be a lot longer as I have witnessed.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Very fun room decor! I am loving doing stuff in the boys room...we have lots of chocolate brown and I am loving the little man stuff. I can't wait to decorate for little one when we know the gender! I also found some really cute stuff on sale at Pier1 kids because they are going out of business so maybe you can get some cheap finds there...the online store is selling lots...sending love and prayers your way! -Miranda

Lori said...

Yep! Home Depot, I think we'll try to go every month now. But most months they just build something. The girls really liked it. They built sailboats. You can see Taylor's sailboat in the pic.

Unknown said...

Five mos from start to finish for Divine Mister M? I...am speechless. I had actually forgotten that. I will say this - having done the 13 mo route (from trip 1, I mean - 30 mos all told) for John - it will seem to have gone by so fast once it is over, which it will be very very soon.