Friday, July 20, 2007

CIS approved!!!!

Well, I got a phone call from a friend this morning and she told me they had received their approval letter from CIS. So, naturally I am excited for them and waiting on pins and needles for our mail to run. When it does finally run we are all sitting outside just waiting for the mail man to put the mail in our box so we can check it. When he walks away, I run over open it and see the USCIS seal on the envelope. I could not contain my excitement. YEaaaaaaaaEEEAAa!!!!

So, we got it notarized and to the post office today. It is officially in the mail to be authenticated along with the rest of our dossier. It should be on its way (by Monday) to the US Sec. of State and then the Ethiopian Embassy and from there to Ethiopia to be translated. This should take about five weeks.

BUT...I spoke with our Ethiopian Coordinator and she said that three things had to be done to be put on the wait list for referral;Agency Approval- CHECK; CIS Approval-CHECK; Dossier authentication at Embassy level(should be done in a week from Monday)-then CHECK.
So, I ask "Does this mean in a week we would be on a list for referral and if there is a child waiting we could get the referral?" Drum roll...."YES!"

She is supposed to call me on Monday to firm up these details, but we are holding out hope she is correct in what she has told us and we could be well on our way to bring our little boy home.

"The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe." Proverbs 29:25
We do not trust in man to bring our child home, we put all hope, faith, and trust in the Lord for our sons journey home.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Yea!!!! Congrats! We're so excited for you guys.

Jay and Heather said...

I am so happy for you. I can't wait for Micah to be a big brother. We wish we could be there to meet him when he comes home. I enjoyed talking to you last night also. You do not know how much we miss you guys. I really didn't think I would miss seminary life this much. Of course there are positive things, we love our church and the ministry we have. But we miss our friends like crazy.

Miranda said...

We are REJOICING with you guys and again so happy to be right in step together! Even if we don't travel together it's such a sweet gift from God to have a couple near us going through thte same things. Have a great time together this week on vacation! Blessings, excitement and love from the Martin Fam!!

emily said...

Whoo Hoo! I read that your fellow NC resident got hers and was hoping that yours was close behind! That is exciting. Maybe this is when "everything is bigger in Texas" isn't better:) We do trust the Lord for His timing and are very happy for those ahead of us!!!

Lori said...

Keva are y'all going to TN for vacation? We'll be in TN next week to spend time with Dustin's mom and for my reunion.

Auntie Heather said...

"I'm singing in the rain!" What great sunshine to receive with all this rain we've had this week down here! My heart is swelling with such excitement for you all and our family. YIPEEEEEE!

Unknown said...

Yay! Get that phone call SOON!!

By the way, Eli was/is a maaaaaajor computer junkie and could practically reprogram the computer at 4. Remember, this is my uber-gifted kid I am talking about. If I didn't ruin my kid, you certainly aren't harming yours. Don't even get me started on TV. Now, I do remember that I used to give Eli poker chips to cash in for comp/TV time. He earned them (30 min = chip) for good behavior in public, helping around the house, whatever I wanted to bribe at the time. Worked like a CHARM and made me feel like I had control over the TV/comp situation. And he could lose a chip for bad behavior. Kind of like Supernanny Meets Las Vegas. One morning I slept until like 9am, and when I woke up (surprised, he gets up with the sun) I noticed that all of his chips for the day were also in bed with me! He had been watching all his TV time and doing all his computer time and was fairly patiently awaiting me to wake up to see what was next for the day!!

Laurzie said...

YEA! Praise the Lord! We know what a huge hurdle this is. We're waiting for news that we may travel to Ethiopia to bring our daughter home right now. Congratulations and blessings!