Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ahhh.. the world of Technology

So, for the past week or so my son has become totally entrenched into the world of, computer, v-tech(kid's video game system) and of course TV. That's all he wants to do. He could spend an hour on the computer, by himself mind you, playing nick jr. or pbs kids. He has also rediscovered his video game system he got for Christmas and wakes up wanting to play it. As nice as it is, sometimes I think, "What is this doing to my child?" There has to be good in it right? He is gaining solving problem skills and much more, right? I tried to get a game (memory cards) out for us to play together the other day and he played for five minutes and was done with it. We try to get him to sit down and draw or write and he will do it for five minutes, but put a screen in his face and he can do it for 30+mins. I have a feeling it probably only gets worse.

Well, on another note, he is doing fabulous on his bike. He can stand up and coast down hills on it. He likes to skid to a halt, sliding his back wheel around when he does it. Such a big boy. His daddy has everything to do with that though. They go on bike rides everyday. What will I do when Daddy starts back to school...aghhh!

No news on the adoption front, just waiting for our CIS approval letter. Kate at KBS says " Just waiting on your letter and your dossier will be complete on ready to be sent to DC." So, I go to the mailbox everyday hoping to open it and it be there. We had our fingerprints for CIS done on June 8th and they received our homestudy on July 7th (they have to have this to complete the process for approval). Please be praying it comes soon. The rainy season begins in Ethiopia in August, so not much is done during this time. I am not exactly sure how long the rainy season last, I think through Sept. Please pray this doesn't hold us up to long. I have heard you can still receive a referral during this time, but that is about it. So, no court and no travel, which we are not expecting to do during then anyway, but it would be nice to get a referral and pictures of our little boy.

2 comments:

emily said...

July 7th is the date we had our fingerprints taken (they already had homestudy)! Will be praying they both come quickly. Isn't that walk to the mailbox interesting....I say that I absolutely trust the Lord and His perfect timing and then somehow I'm disappointed each time!! I would love to be one of those-- "I can't believe it came so quickly!" :)

lg2006 said...

I totally hear you on that Tv thing.. Stevie is into Video Games, and part of me says its Ok b/c he is learning hand eye co-ordination and i understand being bored.. but then i see how it just sort of takes over his mind and its all he talks about , thinks about , or wants to do and i want to throw them all out the window! ha We need a bike!!
and I can totally see Trevor teaching Micah to skid his back wheel!