Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

I know, the 4th is about over but I had to wait until all activities here were over so I could tell you all about them. In WF they shoot fireworks on the 3rd, so we went to some friends house for a group cook-out and watched the fireworks from their house. We had a lot of fun. Micah didn't make it to bed until 10:30pm which means he slept in until 9:00am...ahhhh!

Then this morning, Micah and his daddy went to a children's parade in WF historic district, which is about two minutes from our house. They rode in the chariot (well Micah rode in the chariot). Then the park close by was having lots of fun stuff for the kids to get into like some carboard houses that the kids could paint (watch video).


They brought home lots of candy, a picture Micah painted for me and pictures they took just for you...and me.

To round out the festivities, L block (our apt. building) had a cook-out. We love our building neighbors. They have been a huge reason for our adjusting so quickly after our move here from TN. Thanks L block!

I hope everyone had a great day with your family and took time to reflect over the freedom we have in the good ole USA!



3 comments:

Amy B. said...

I look forward to following your journey. We are also adopting from Ethiopia. Our site is www.ourjourneytoethiopia.blogspot.com
Amy

Miranda said...

Hey I tried to email you to ask for your phone number but it came back to me, would you email it to me? Thanks!

lg2006 said...

Love the video and all the pics! Super cute!