Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Did It.

"Did what?" says you. I cut my hair off, as you can see in the photo below. I grew it out for two years, got it half way down my back and couldn't take it any longer. For some, this is no shock. So, there it is in all its glory.


More Free Stuff!
WF has free movies at 10am in the morning two days a week for children. We took Micah today to see the Ant Bully. They are showing Over the Hedge tomorrow, but we will not be viewing this flick. Thank you Jamie for the inside scoop and joining us at the movies. We are having so much fun this summer filling our days with all the free things we can find. So far we have had success each week.

We have been here a year now, as of June 30th. Can you believe it? I can't. It has flown by. We have always liked it here, but it is hard to make friends not just acquaintances. We finally feel like we are there. We have gotten really close to our neighbors, we love them. Our small group from church is wonderful. The women have all welcomed me with open arms and have always made me feel at home. Now, we are on the other side welcoming in the new seminary students and their families. We had dinner tonight with a couple who just moved here a month ago to attend seminary. They have also been attending The Summit Church and our small group. They are a sweet couple who we look forward to getting to know better. We are so thankful for all the relationships God has put in our lives.

7 comments:

Auntie Heather said...

Looks good sister. You always had the face to go with just about any haircut--length, etc. Was it enough to donate to Locks of Love....or just the trash can? Still diligently looking for a good fare to Raleigh to see this new do in person. :) Love you--h

Unknown said...

I agree with auntie heather. You are gorgeous no matter what the hair. When I see your hair, I often think - WHY is it I have my hair this short? And then I remember...oh, yeah, it is because I have terrible hair...

Troy and Keyanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troy and Keyanna said...

Hey! We have been reading your blog. Good stuff. We didn't like Over the Hedge so good call there. Ant Bully was pretty good though. Zethan really liked it. Surprisingly the two are somewhat alike. Both have an exterminator. But Ant Bully seemed to be much more original and fresh. Sorry for the movie talk, but I do know movies!

The Browns said...

I love your hair (but I've already told you that)!

We loved hanging out at the movies (and hope we can do it again soon)!

I hope that we are well on our way to becoming friends and not just acquaintances!

Let me know when you guys are ready to hang out again!

-Jaime

Lori said...

I was just getting used to seeing pics of you with long hair. I'm about to chop all mine off too. I'm going to donate to Locks of Love. I've been waiting until after my 10 yr. reunion then it's all gone.

I can totally relate with the moving and new friends thing. We've been back in Texas for a little over a year and a half and we have a lot of friends. Dustin and I have often said that we still don't feel like we have really close friends.

Lindsey said...

Keva, Love the hair! And I am so happy that i finally found your blog :) Be prepared to have a regular everyday viewer now for sure! here is mine if you want to check it out as well www.jrandlindseyisham.blogspot.com

good luck with all of the adoption stuff!!