Thursday, July 12, 2007

SWIMMING!!!

What a day we had. Actually what a day Micah had. A friend of ours Miranda and her two sweet boys invited us to go swimming at the YMCA with them this morning. I have to say I am a nervous nelly with Micah in pools. So, this is the first time in a long while since he has gone to a pool. Well, we got there and to my astonishment it cost us $15 for a day pass. We got in the kiddy pool with my friends kids and had a good, safe time. We stayed about an hour and half, then it was lunch time so we went home.

So, I get home and I'm thinking we paid $15 for a day pass we ought to go back. Well the pass was for one adult and dependants. So, Trevor took Micah back this time. They stayed for 4hrs. Trev said we were going to get our moneys worth. And boy did we. Micah had a blast. He was fearless! Which a lot of times is just not my boy. I am so proud of him. So, I want to say a big thank you to Miranda who invited us to go and in returned we learned that our little boy loves the pool.




Micah got really brave in the pool. Not only did he walk out with his Dad into water up to his neck, he started jumping in, going underwater and popping back up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is a Chuvashian thing - John swims better than ELI with having had only 6 swimming lessons!!! I took him this week and was astonished - he doesn't even doggie paddle at all - he actually takes strokes!! And I promise you, June 1 he wouldn't even get his face wet and now this!!

Miranda said...

We had a great time and I'm so glad Micah is now a natural in water!! Let us know when we can get together again.