Monday, July 2, 2007

It's time to eat...

After spending and hour in the kitchen making something new for our family to eat, I call out "Time to eat." To which I hear whining and crying and a bunch of "No, I don't want to eat." and "Go to the bathroom and wash your hands." "NO!" "Do you want to to go straight to bed!" "NO!" All the while I am sitting a the table with everyones plate of food ready and getting cold. Finally my son and husband join me. So, we didn't start off the meal on a good foot, then my husband takes a few bites and says,"It taste good, BUT I have a mental block (which means he can't eat it, because it has cream cheese in it)." At that point I wanted to through my hands in the air and say "I give up!"

Then our neighbor knocks on the door and brings my husband a coupon for a free chicken sandwich from McDonald's, how convenient. To which he says should I go get it now or after we put Micah to bed...UGHHHHH!

Oh the joys!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I make poor D eat Lima Beans when I am feeling well, less than nice. He can't stand them but once you have kids - you choke them down JUST TO PROVE A POINT. I know, I am wife of the year...

Jay and Heather said...

Oh my gosh, believe me, I understand.
I almost left the table myself tonight and went to bed. Before they make it to the table, my bunch starts "I don't want to eat that". There is always a complaint from someone! The joys of dinnertime.

emily said...

just found your blog...look forward to following your journey. We are also following the Lord to Ethiopia:) We would have to eat pizza or spaghetti every night if I didn't want to get a little push back at dinnertime- I think it is just part of the sanctifying process!

Lori said...

Wow you've been blogging like crazy!! I haven't checked it since the 1st day. I'm impressed!

On the dinner note, the girls always get excited when I say dinnertime b/c like me they love to eat. BUT Cameron's new favorite phrase is "I not like it" in her sweet little voice. It's driving me crazy!!

lg2006 said...

This is hilarious! I have many similar stories! HA I am soon going to blog about Erik's fictitious housekeeper trixie that comes behind him cleaning up all his messes.. HA