Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sibling Group

I read about this on a blog I read regularly and felt it needed to be spread to as many in people as possible. Please Pray.

I feel compelled to post a story about these 3 Ethiopian teenage siblings who NEED to be adopted SOON. Genet, Aschalo, and Yesalemu.

I have thought about posting this story before and then I didn't, but I was just reading more about these sweet teenagers and felt like I HAD to post it because you just never know who will come across this....Ok, their story is at the The Page Family blog. If you click that link you will see these 3 teenagers who were just in the US for 2 weeks staying with the Page family who was hosting them. They were here with Gladney's Bright Future Camp. The Page Family did a great job at describing their personalities, interests, etc. They all live in an orphanage in Addis Ababa. The oldest sibling, Aschalo, is 16 about to be 17. When he turns 17 he is no longer able to be adopted, which would mean he would be in Ethiopia with very little opportunity. While we were in Addis, Ryan and Abby told us that when the kids age out of the system in Ethiopia they are given the equivalent of $400 and put out on the street. It is really so sad. When I read this sibling groups story my heart just breaks...they are so heavy on my heart right now. There has got to be a family who feels called to adopt these sweet faces. You can read more about these precious faces at This Link.

Jesus, please bring these sweet kids a family.

No comments: