Wednesday, August 1, 2007

We're Baaaack!






We had a wonderful vacation. We spent four nights in Destin, FL and two nights in Charleston, SC. It was the perfect amount of time to be away, it made us ready to be home.

Trevor starts school in two weeks and also two internships with our church. He will be a very busy man.

We are still waiting to hear if Micah will be able to get into preschool this year. He has been on a waiting list for four months and he hasn't moved. We can't apply for scholarships until he is accepted, so we are just up in the air with that. We really feel he needs a few days a week in a school setting; structured invironment, with other kids, under someone else authority other than my own if he is to start Kindergarten next fall. We shall see.

Well, Isaac is another step closer to coming home. We are on the waiting list and our documents are in route to the Ethiopian Embassy, then off to Ethiopia MOWA. I just keep hoping the wait is sooner rather than later for a referral. I just want to see his face. The child we have been praying for three years.

Speaking of three yrs. Micah had his third adoption day. We went to court three years ago on July 29th and he came home on August 3rd. I can't believe how time flies. He came home at 14mos. and 14lbs. Now, he is 4yrs and 30lbs. He contiues to blow us away with how smart, loving, cordinated he is and on and on I could go. Going through this adoption process again has helped us treasure the steps and the moments to come that much more. He makes my heart hurt with so much love. I look at him everyday and can't beleive he is ours. What a jewel. Mommy and Daddy Love YOU!

7 comments:

Laurzie said...

Loads of great news! We celebrated our Jackie's 6th adoption day last December and are awaiting the homecoming of Elianna Ray from Ethiopia hopefully in the next few weeks, so we share in your joy. I hope your vacation was wonderful!

Unknown said...

Three years? Oh my word - really? I can't believe it...

Do me a favor and email me how tall M is now. I am obsessing over J's lack of growth again.

The Cox Family said...

Two internships? Who is he working with?

Glad you are back and had a great time!

Auntie Heather said...

Hey! These pics weren't included in the emails you sent! Give Micah-do a big squeeze for me. I'll ring you tomorrow.

Jay and Heather said...

Glad you guys had a good time. I missed you, is that weird, since I am here and you are there? It is amazing how connected I feel through the blog.

emily said...

Welcome back! I love the white sandy beaches of Destin:)

Lori said...

Yeah I've missed you guys too!! I've really enjoyed getting to see what y'all are up to. I'm so jealous that you got to go to the beach. I want a pretty beach family picture but we haven't even been since we left NJ. Your pics are beautiful!!!