Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Productive Delay

I was on a blog http://girltalk.blogs.com and came upon this post. I thought it was encouraging and wanted to share.

What are you waiting for today?
May these thoughts encourage you to make it a “Productive Delay:”
"Waiting on God isn't about the suspension of meaning and purpose. It's part of the meaning and purpose that God has brought into my life. Waiting on God isn't to be viewed as an obstruction in the way of the plan. Waiting is an essential part of the plan. For the child of God, waiting isn't simply about what I'll receive at the end of my wait. No, waiting is much more purposeful, efficient, and practical than that. Waiting is fundamentally about what I'll become as I wait. God is using the wait to do in and through me exactly what He's promised. Through the wait He's changing me. By means of the wait He's altering the fabric of my thoughts and desires. Through the wait He's causing me to see and experience new things about Him and His kingdom. And all of this sharpens me, enabling me to be a more useful tool in His redemptive hands."
Instead of focusing on what we’re waiting to receive, let’s turn our gaze to God and ask Him to make us “a more useful tool in His redemptive hands.”

3 comments:

emily said...

Waiting is surely hard, but I do know that it is part of the sanctifying work that Christ is doing in my life-- and b/c of that, I don't want to wish it away:)

Here's to waiting!!!

The Elliott Family said...

I need to save that! Awesome

~Laura~ said...

i'm saving this and i'm going to read this to myself over and over when my turn to wait comes along. :)

This is AWESOME!! :)