Monday, October 8, 2007

Overview of the week past.

I can't believe it has been a week since my last post. Don't go deleting me from your list, I will do better.

Micah finished his first week of preschool and loved every second of it. I have begun to look into schools in our town to see what our options are for Kindergarten. I was really hoping to apply to the GT Magnet school here, but they said it was a zoning school. Of course, we are not zoned for it. I really liked the thought of a magnet school geared to my child's interests and the fact that it is diverse. His family will be diverse, so we think it important that his school is as well. The school we are zoned for is great, I just wanted to check out my options...private school, anyone? This route scares me a little, too many choices for such an indecisive person.

We had a great family Saturday. We went to the park, then watched some of a little league game, went for lunch and a trip to Super Target. Watching the little league game was interesting. I look at kids that age and always imagine what Micah will be like when he gets there. I look forward to the whole sports thing, whatever he chooses.

My husband left today for NYC with our pastor and our church planting pastor. They are going up there to meet with the Gallery Church (new church plant in the city) that we partnering with. They brought him along to see some church planting in action. I hope and pray he listens and learns a lot about what it takes. The lead pastor of the Gallery Church and his wife are dear friends of ours as well, so it should be a great trip to get to see them and spend some time with them.

There is still no news on the adoption front. I did get a call this morning from an UNKNOWN #(which Drew & Carey posted is what comes up when you get the call), but of course I didn't get to the phone on time so I missed it. My mind starts racing, maybe it was Gladney, but wouldn't they leave a message? Will they try to call Trevor? So, I called him, and he said no one had tried calling. So, I am assuming it was not them. Oh well, we will chalk it up to another day. Last week was a hard week of waiting, but I already feel better today about the wait. I just keep thinking...we are at 10 weeks it can't be that much longer. Three to four more weeks of waiting is not bad in the grand scheme of things. However, I'll take that call today, PLEASE!

7 comments:

Amy B. said...

I am hoping you get a call sooner than later too! I can't wait to click on your blog and to see that you finally have a face and a name...a real live little one! I was telling my husband the other night that I already feel like I am a mom again already...even if I don't know who he is yet. But...how great will it be to finally have a picture...a real little human just waiting for us to hold! Aaaahhhh...I can't wait! Amy

Lori said...

Wow! I didn't know y'all wanted to plant a church in NYC. Very cool! Too bad we can't seem to be in the same place at the same time. I guess our trip to stay with y'all will be later than sooner. I hope we'll still be able to stay with y'all.

emily said...

Glad you are back- I've loved looking at that cute pic of Micah but appreciate the update:)

The Cox Family said...

Just to make you feel better about the GT magnet...They lost their magnet status and next year will be their last year with the electives. There are many other magnets in the county and you could still look into those. He just wouldn't be in Wake Forest.

Rebecca said...

I'll pray that your referral comes SOON!!!

obligato said...

Hi! We live in Maryville and i have a store in Knoxville! i would love to talk...where in the process are u?????? By the way i read about your church plant. I am from Long Island!!

now a redeemed heir of the ultimate bridegroom said...

So after our conversation last night you encouraged and inspired me to start our blog. But it's a completely different one than Clint's original because I couldn't find that one. :) When you get a chance you should look at it~there are only two post but it is so fun! Love you and call me back when you get a chance. ~r