Friday, October 12, 2007

Tagged!


I have been tagged by Emily.

So here we go, prepared to be amazed! Six things about me...

Jobs:
1. Nanny (4yrs.)
2. Preschool Teacher (1yr.)
3. Preschool Ministry Director (4yrs.)
4. Mom & Wife...not a job, but a privilege.
The only jobs I have ever had. Do you see a trend, I love children.

Places Lived:
1. Born in TX
2. Raised in TN
3. Moved to NC

Favorite TV shows:
1. Lost
2. Office
3. Survivor
4. Amazing Race

Books I want to read:
1. There is no me w/o you
2. Doctrines of Grace
3. Mere Christianity
4. Shepherding A Child's Heart

Restaurants I like, but rarely frequent:
1. P.F. Chang's
2. Jason's Deli
3. Red Robin
4. Cheesecake Factory

Things I enjoy:
1. Starbucks Coffee
2. Making stationary cards
3. Date w/ my husband
4. Watching Micah accomplish a difficult task w/o frustration

I will tag: Miranda On the road to Emmaus

7 comments:

emily said...

Shepherding a Child's Heart is a wonderful book about Christ-centered child rearing. Love the focus on the heart and not behavior.

Thank you for being a good sport!

Miranda said...

Did I tell you thanks so much for the tag? Did you get the update thing from CPromise? I am praying praying for you guys and hopefully God will provide to help with travel stuff....I just keep praying we will have favor with these org.'s. I would love to set aside an evening we could go have coffee and pray together for all this stuff, our kids, the money situation, etc. Let me know what you think.

now a redeemed heir of the ultimate bridegroom said...

I started reading Shepherding a Child's Heart, but haven't gotten all the way through. But I have never heard such a sweet and Biblical outlook on discipline. But I'm not quite sure what that looks like with a 19mo old...love you!
p.s. Another great book is Teach Them Diligently. It's shows you how you how to use scripture throughout your instruction. Good. But another one I started and haven't finished yet :(

Miranda said...

Hey, thats where we went, it's such a great place! They even have a little train! I just wish it had been chilly because that would have made it more fall...I wore jeans and was sweating! I am usually free on Monday mornings or on a weekday evening after 7:p. Let me know what you think and where we can meet. Sorry Paul never looked over...he can get a little focused when hes out studying! :o) Call/email. Love ya girl...maybe this week for one of us?

Laurzie said...

Emily's right. Shepherding a Child's Heart is fantastic!

The Holtz's said...

I stubbled onto your page and noticed that you were raised in TN and live in NC now. I was also raised in TN and now live in NC. My husband and I are in the home study phase of adopting a sibling set from Ethiopia. We live near Durham. I'm glad I found your page. Good luck with your refferal, hope you get news soon.

The Holtz's said...

I stubbled onto your page and noticed that you were raised in TN and live in NC now. I was also raised in TN and now live in NC. My husband and I are in the home study phase of adopting a sibling set from Ethiopia. We live near Durham. I'm glad I found your page. Good luck with your refferal, hope you get news soon.