Friday, October 26, 2007

Ring, Baby, UNC and YP's...

Over the past month+ we have had some very exciting happenings in our extended family that I have failed to mention.

First, my older sister is engaged. Yea!!! This has been ten years in the making. So, of course the whole family is just thrilled and can't wait to celebrate in Mexico...that's right Mexico. And Auntie Heather has ask that the boys be in the wedding next year. Let me just tell everyone how excited I am for them and for this huge step they are taking. Love you both!
Second, would be the birth of our niece. This is the second child to Trevor's brother and his wife. The first girl of the family. I can't wait to get my hands on her. We of course were not there for the birth) : but hope to see her soon. God is so good. She is healthy, mama is healthy, what more could we have ask for.
Third, Trevor is leading a guys bible study for some UNC college students. This to me just seems so surreal. Before we moved to NC, all I ever heard about was the love my husband has for UNC basketball (currently ranked #1 in the new coaches poll) and to live here now and have the opportunity to build relationships with students is just amazing to me. We love college students and we want to be a model of the gospel to them through our marriage. So, once a month they will be coming to our house or the house of the other adult leader (our sweet friends A & A) and just hanging out eating good food and talking or playing video games or just whatever comes up. Once a month, Trevor & A will meet them for Bible study in Chapel Hill. They came over for the first time on Wednesday night, it was amazing. Can't wait to get to know them more and just invest in their life.
Last but not least, last night was the first night for Thursday Night. Trevor has been on staff with our church for a few months now and has been working with the Young Professionals. He has been working very hard to relaunch this ministry. They had there first big gathering of teaching and worship last night and from what I hear (could not for the life of me find a baby sitter) it was a huge success. They had a great turn out and it went smoothly. This purpose is to get young professionals and grad-students more connected to the church. There seemed to be a good response. This is huge.
Okay well there are the happenings at the Atwood home and extended family.

5 comments:

The Cox Family said...

Aww I feel so bad that you couldn't find a sitter. I was swamped with school work since report cards are due next week. I really wished I could have helped and I'm sorry you had to miss it.

emily said...

Fun stuff-- can't wait for you to add referral to the list. Moody will be so excited to read the UNC part:)

Susan Wyatt said...

Keva,

Your niece is so precious, we too have all boys in Freddy's family, would love a little girl! What is her name?

Lori said...

Please tell T & K we said congrats. She is beautiful. You know we have all girls. Our 2 and Kerry has 3 girls. So we're really hoping for a boy. We'll see we should find out in the next month.

lg2006 said...

You guys have been busy! The Thursday night thing is a GREAT idea!