Friday, November 30, 2007

An ordinary day, until...

Approximately 3:30 eastern time, when Natalie made the infamous call.

Here is how it went.
I was out running errands while Micah was in preschool and i decided to go to Starbucks on my way to go get him. So, I am sitting at the window waiting when the phone rings. I open my phone, and see UNKNOWN. I of course think all in two seconds,"Natalie, no it can't be. I have had to many of these and they are never her." But as I am saying hello and she is saying "This is Natalie," the man at the window with my coffee is trying to give it to me and tell me if I don't like it I can get something else. I give him a BIG smile and pull away.

So, after much squealing and laughter and a little info. on Isaac, I realize she is calling on the day Trevor doesn't come home until 10pm ish. What am I going to do. I tell her, I will do everything I can to get us together. I call Trevor, tell him and shock abounded. He could not believe it was finally happening. Me either.

We decided to wait until 5pm for Natalie to call me back and that I would go through the info with her (minus pics.) on my own and then we would wait and open the pictures when we were all together later that night. We wanted us all three to be together when we saw Isaac for the first time. I get off the phone with her, hop in the car take Micah to a friends house, pick up another friend and drive to Durham(where my husband is. He had the Young Professionals bi-weekly gathering). We stayed through the announcements and drove home. It was 9pm ish by the time we were all home and could open our email and see our precious boy. And boy is he precious.

Natalie said it would probably be 3-4wks before we hear about a court date. So, we are buckling up for another wait. She said it could be 2+ months before he is home. Hey, what is 8-10 weeks when you have been waiting as long as we have. We trust God, His timing and His perfect will for our family. What more could I ever ask for.

28 comments:

The Browns said...

YAY!!!!!! God is so good!

Do I get to keep both of them on Thursday nights when Isaac gets here?!

Unknown said...

Keva - We are sooo excited for you guys!! :) Can't wait to meet him! Praying for a quick 2.5 months! :)

Carrie said...

Keva - you can totally wait 2.5 months!! It will be here before you know it. So exciting!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Keva....Oh, Keva. I am in tears and speechless. And we all know that never happens! He is fabulous!!!!!!!!!

Kerry said...

I am crying reading your story of his referral!!! He is GORGEOUS!!!! Only a month younger than Kate and sooooo handsome! I cannot wait to hear more...will be praying hard for you to get that court date ASAP!!!!!

CONGRATS again!
Kerry, Billy, Alex, Karoline, & Kate

Janie said...

WhoaWho!! I'm so very happy for you. I know your faithfulness and patience is being rewarded. He is so beautiful (i think he takes after our side of the family * lol)Much love to you, Trevor and Micah
A/J

Auntie Heather said...

This has been the best 19 hours! My heart swells more w/each passing hour! I've been crying at work for two days now! :) What a splendid early Christmas present our family has received--God is so good!!

Gurskes said...

Congrats to your family you have been blessed! Uhh Tears in my eyes! I can only imagine what that feels like :-)

The Gurskes

Lori said...

Oh yay! congratulations! How exciting :) (I found your blog though the Breedloves).

Robin said...

Congrats on your referral! A day you will remember forever!!!

I found your blog from the Breedlove's blog!!!

Robin in NC
www.evangelinegrace.blogspot.com

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful...and he and I share a birthday:-) I hope you get a quick court and travel date!!

4dogmomma said...

I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely precious! Congratulations to all of you. I wish for a speedy court date for you. And he shares my birthday and Jocelyn's, so good blogging buddy birthday vibes :)

Jessica said...

Hey! I am a friend of Lori's and I found your blog through hers- I have become slightly obsessed with checking to see if you had your referral yet. He looks so sweet and I am so excited for you (even though I don't know you!).

He is 2 months younger than my daughter and he really is a cute baby!!

I thought I would quit blog-stalking you once you got your referral but now I can't wait until you get to go get him!

Rebecca said...

Yay!! I've been checking your blog so much lately because I thought you would have to have your referral soon!!

Isaac is beautiful! We are so excited for you guys!!

Ellie said...

I am so excited for you! I have been checking your blog so much expecting you to get a referral. (we asked ryan and abby about you guys and they said you were very close) and look!! which orphanage is he at? we might have seen him.

Tara said...

WOW! He is perfect and beautiful and YOURS!! Congrats!
Tears, tears, so many tears- I am so excited for you guys!

emily said...

Oh sweet friend-- I haven't been on my computer!! This was the sweetest surprise. We rejoice with you and praise the Lord for the blessing of little Isaac.

I can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your son!

Quinn Girls said...

Yippeee! Congratulations. Keep me posted and I will try to check in on your little man when I travel later this month.

Christina said...

Oh Happy Day!!!!
I have been following your blog....congrats!!!!!

Alison B. said...

how exciting. he is precious.

Laurzie said...

HOORAY! Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for you, Keva!

Shawn and Jami said...

He is so beautiful! Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing more pics and following the travel to Ethiopia:)

Jody and Rich said...

Congratulations, he is absolutely adorable!!! And what a wonderful early Christmas present for you...Here's hoping your court date comes ASAP.
Jody

el said...

kev! i'm in tears...i must talk to you soon!

el said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drew Carey Show said...

Wow, wow, wow! So so exciting and wonderful! He really is so beautiful. What a happy family you all will be! There's just no better feeling in the world and no more thrilling a way to create a family. Congrats to you all! XOXO Carey & Drew

Gwen Oatsvall said...

praise and blessings to you ... i promise the wait will go by fast ... i just go home from China 2 weeks ago and waited 4 months to travel and it flew by ...

he is beautiful !!! i am so excited for you (got your blog thru Emily's)