Saturday, November 3, 2007

When?

So we keep getting ask "When" we will hear something about Isaac? And our response is always, "Any day!" Well, it will be 14 weeks on Tuesday and 7+ months for the whole thing and it is getting harder to believe that it will be any day. I know it still could be "any day" but my enthusiasm is waning.

It struck me last week that we are only 8 weeks out from Christmas, so the hope of him being home for the holidays is dwindling. Now, we can only hope it will still be the first of the year.

BUT, in the midst of it all God is my joy. I find delight in Him and because of that the wait is bearable. We pray our wait will end soon, but rest in HIM.

So, for those who live near us, you will know "When," it happens, because there will be LOUD praising and rejoicing and for those who live all over the great ole USA, you will know "When," because we will be bloggin all about it.

9 comments:

Jay and Heather said...

I pray it will very,very soon for you. I can't imagine what it is like for you to just sit and wait. Just know that I think of you often and keep you in our prayers.

Unknown said...

That is so funny, Kerry, Cindy and I were just talking about this very subject last night. We are praying our heads off. This week, Lord, this week? Pretty please?

Lindsey & Cortney said...

We are praying. I can't imagine your anxiety. I wish I could say it was easier on the other side. For the first day or two I thought I would be able to handle it but now I am finding out that Ian still may not be home by Christmas so my heart is broken again. I just keep saying it will happen, and praying for peace about it. I know that my heavenly Father is taking care of the situation but the journey to become a mother has been less than enjoyable.
I know that we should enjoy all of these moments because after Ian comes home we will be parents forever, absent of the anticipation factor that we have felt for so long.
We are praying with you and for you and I hope so much to see the good news soon.
God Bless,
Lindsey

emily said...

Praying for peace and trusting in His perfect timing!

I have friends and family that will say (almost on a daily basis) "heard anything yet?"....and I want to say "Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you- we received our referral!!!" I assure them that they will know when we hear something:) They mean well and want to be interested, it just gets hard to repeat the same thing over and over.

Hang in there:)

jennifer said...

I completely understand what you are going through...we have been waiting 15 weeks! I have given up hoping the phone will ring everyday...its just too disappointing when it doesn't. It can't be much longer...I look forward to celebrating your referral with you soon!

emily said...

My best friend, Corinne, lives there! Just went for a girls weekend. It was so much fun:)

~Laura~ said...

praying that it's VERY VERY soon!

Laurzie said...

Waiting is so HARD! I'm praying for you that you hear soon!

The Browns said...

I can't wait!! Call me over and I will help you yell and praise!