Monday, February 25, 2008

God's Grace

In our flurry of trying to get everything ready for our trip I do not want to lose hold of what God has done and what He will continue to do for us. He has redeemed us and shown us what a true adopted family looks like and provided us with the most amazing calling of rescuing and adopting children. We have had our ups and downs in this journey, but not once have I felt forsaken by God. I pray our children will see that same model in us. That our love for them is unconditional and that they can trust that. In doing so that they will have an easier time understanding that God exist and loves them even more than we do.

We are preparing to meet our son and praying that God has supernaturally connected our hearts. We are so blessed to have this calling placed on our lives. There is no greater joy than seeing Micah and soon Isaac come to know the Lord. Jesus' greatest commandment is "go and make disciples...", well God has called me to be a stay at home mom with the responsibility of discipling two unbelievers that will by the grace of God be a part of His adopted family in His perfect timing.

5 1/2 more days til we leave, 4 1/2 suitcases packed, & so much more to get done.

19 comments:

Shelly Roberts said...

Praise be to HIM!!! Love hearing about your journey. Can't wait to see pics of you in Ethiopia with your precious, sweet son! Boys are such a blessing!!! Take Care~ Shelly

Nicholas said...

Beautifully written -

-Samantha- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-Samantha- said...

I's so happy jealous for you. Could we send you a mem card to take pictures of our babe? Let us know at imfairygood@gmail.com
Thanks

Lyndsey said...

How exciting!! I pray that everything goes smoothly. That was beautiful about your hearts being supernaturally connected. I pray that God will honor that and make Isaac's homecoming as easy as possible. Congratulations on your amazing new addition to the family!

mama becca said...

Wonderful thoughts! I agree whole heartedly. I love how you view your role as a mother. I can't wait to meet you soon when we all have our kiddos home! Praying for you as you prepare to go.
becca

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Only a few more days!!! Oh, my....

How exciting and God is so good.

Sharon

Unknown said...

I am so ready to see pics of that boy in his room at HOME!!!

Shelly Roberts said...

Hi Keva! ... could you please email me? I know it's too late to send you a package, but if we could connect to get some pics, I'd be SO grateful. Thank you! robertsfamily@mlgc.com
~Shelly

emily said...

You are going to Ethiopia my friend-- can you believe it?? I am so excited for you- I can't wait to hear about everything when you get back. We will be praying for your trip and just know that the Lord has gone before you and will provide for every detail:)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Africa is a beautiful place - enjoy your time there! Can't wait to meet your sweet gift of God's love to you!

Renee said...

Only a few short days to go, I'm so excited for you! You're going to love being in Isaac's birth country- soak it all in! We miss it everyday!

Please send our love and a big hello to Belay, Joanna, Travis, Silas and Avery! Tell them the kids are doing great and we're already talking about our next trip to Ethiopia!
Renee

Anonymous said...

so excited for you all! will continue to pray for smooth passage, and a covering over the rest of the details. we can't wait to meet isaac! grace and peace to you all, the moore family.

Ellie said...

I am so happy you guys are FINALLY on your way to meet Isaac!! I can't wait to meet him and I am sooo excited for you guys!! WE are praying for you guys!

Lori said...

OK so I'm guessing you guys are gone. Just wanted to say I'm praying for you and I can't wait to see your pics when you return home!!!!

A City Uprising said...

That is so awesome. We love you guys and can't wait to see your new boy!
Carmen

Renee said...

Wishing you a wonderful and safe trip! Enjoy every second in Ethiopia- we miss it everyday!
Renee

Unknown said...

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! Post something!! Where are you??? I check this about 19 times a day right now. Dying...dying....

-Samantha- said...

Are you home?