Wednesday, April 2, 2008

the award goes to...

So, my friend Katie graciously gave me an award that I must pass along.  But first I must say a few things about Katie.  Well, if you read her blog first, you will see how we met, but you won't learn anything about her(other than she is hilarious and quite a good writer).  Let me help you out.  She is one of those infectious people you just want to be around.  She doesn't take herself to seriously, but she is serious about her children, her husband and her faith.  She can have you in stitches laughing about just about anything.  But most importantly she is a loyal friend (she offered to watch my son while gone to Ethiopia...she lives nine hours away, but was serious as a heart attack).  I am so thankful that God brought us together through the adoption of our children from Russia and that we can stay connected through the blog world.  Love you friend.

I would like to now nominate; Emily; Jamie; Rachel

  1. Emily, I met through Ethiopian blogs several months ago.  From the first comment on each others blogs, she has been a non-stop encouragement to me.  She loves Jesus and it is real and genuine.  That is what I admire about her.  She is no phony.  She loves her husband and it is the most adorable and loving thing to read her thoughts on her man.  The love she has for her four now six children is contagious.  She is a devoted mother who is passionate about taking every moment and making it teachable.  God has brought her on the journey of a lifetime, through adoption.  This is just the beginning of what will be the adventure of a LIFETIME!  Love ya Sister!
  2. Jamie, I met through our church small group.  She too has a love for Jesus, her husband and her children that cannot be found to often.  She makes life fun for her children.  She is so creative with the ways she makes each day special for them from coffee Wednesday to turning everyday ordinary objects into the coolest art projects.  I marvel at her thoughtfulness and love for her family and others.  Do you really have to leave us?  Love you!
  3. Rachel, I met during her college years in the Boro.  She was dating one of our college kids(who am I kidding he was our age) who was family to us.  So, if he was family then so was she.  She quickly became one of my dearest friends.  What I love about her is that when she loves someone, she loves them with every fiber in her being.  She fights for what she wants and doesn't let go easily.  She loves Jesus passionately and it overflows to her husband and her baby boy.  She has a heart for women and seeing them grow in love with our Savior.  You are a beloved friend, one unmatched by any other.
The thread that binds each one of us is our love for Jesus and our family and that is why they MAKE MY DAY! Now, each of you has to award this to whomever you choose.  Have fun!


4 comments:

now a redeemed heir of the ultimate bridegroom said...

I love you. You can't possibly know how precious this post is to me and how perfect the timing is. You are a blessing in so many ways. Really, I love you.

emily said...

Awww. Thank you sweet friend. What an honor. I have felt such a kindred spirit with you right from the beginning. I knew with a blog title like "the fruit of the spirit is not a coconut" we would be buds!

You have been such a source of encouragement to me. It has been a joy to watch the Lord knit your family together. I can't wait to meet in person one day soon:)

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Trevor... I read your story a while ago about when you visited the various orphanages. I was really touched regarding the situation of the orphanage for older boys. I was wondering if you know of any specific need. I hear they get soccer balls "all the time". I'll do that if it's a good idea but am hoping for some other ideas. Any suggestions?

Eric

email me asap:
10feetdiep@sbcglobal.net

The Browns said...

You are too sweet! Thank you sweet friend! I never win anything! :)

You make my day too!!!!!