Monday, August 18, 2008

Great pictures random thoughts









Aren't these just the cutest kids you have ever seen. They are getting so big. Isaac will be two in October and Micah starts Kindergarten in two weeks. As most of you I have two children with completely different personalities. Micah is my quiet, shy, never pitch a fit in public child, where Isaac on the other hand is my loud, never met a stranger, pitch a fit in public child. They both bring great joy into my life and quiet a bit a frustration as well.

Isaac is doing great for all those wondering about his adjustment. He of course had a very rough start but flipped a switch about a month in and became my little sparkle of laughter and joy, oh and screaming. Side note; my social worker came two months ago for or 3 month follow-up and got to see his screaming in action...her suggestion, "You need to get you some ear plugs, he is going to stress you out if you don't. And then it will be bad for all of you." Never did get those but have been working very hard on an inside voice. It has not gotten through yet, but we are working on it.

We have gone through a lot of change in the last few months which has added stress to life in general but we are getting through. Most of you know, but for those who don't Trevor began a new job as college pastor at our church right after we got home (from Ethiopia in March), then we moved to Durham almost two months ago and now Trevor is beginning another full load of classes today. Needless to say we have a jammed packed schedule, but we are learning to take it a day at a time. God gives the grace and sufficiency to get through each day, why would we even dare take on tomorrow or the next. But we all find ourselves looking toward the next day, month and trying to take it all on that very day. I do it when I look to a busy week and find myself feeling very anxious. Why do we do it? Because we want to control our lives is what it boils down to. Shame on us!

I have been checking out my old blogging friends over the weeks and months I have been gone. Alexanders I cannot wait to you get home with little Abe. Lori, what a beautiful room for you sweet girl. And the blog Union, what a huge success. I would have loved to have been there.
As I have been reading through blogs especially you who have small children and am finding that you don't blog as often either so I am going to give this thing another try as long as I get over my guilt of not blogging every other day or everyday. It may be just once a month but I am going to try. I have missed it.

16 comments:

dp said...

Loved the pictures!
Great to see you back posting!
dp

Lori said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited your back. I am on a blogging kick right now so I'm blogging often, but if you look back before now it has been just like once a month. I love the pictures. Micah looks so big and Isaac is such a cutie. I just want to pick him up & squeeze him.

The Browns said...

YAY!!!! I miss you like crazy!! Nate got to see Trev today at school. It's not fair! The boys are cute as ever! Love you a million!

Nikki said...

GORGEOUS photos!!!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com --> blog stylizing to raise money for my Ethiopia mission trip!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sending me the the blog update. I enjoyed the update and especially the pictures. Your family is so beautiful! Isaac looks like he must be a handful...and a huge blessing to you guys! What a cutie he is.

And Happy Birthday to sweet Micah and good luck in Kindergarten!!

lg2006 said...

Those are GREAT pics and I am so glad you gave us all an update! I have been wondering how Isaac was doing with his adjustments. Glad you are all well!
Love to the Atwoods!

Jay and Heather said...

OH Keva! The boys are so big! Micah looks like such a big boy. This will be Corbin's first full week of kindergarten. I am glad you are back blogging--guess I should get back too. The pictures are great!! They are BEAUTIFUL boys.

Unknown said...

You just blog as you are able to. Micah in k-garten will change the scope and schedule of your day as well and you will find it therapeutic like I do!

Kerry said...

GORGEOUS pictures and GORGEOUS boys!!!! So good to see you back online...even once a month is great! We really miss you guys here! It's great to hear you are all adjusting with your new arrival, and it sounds like he fits in perfectly!!!

Hugs,
Kerry

Jay and Heather said...

Keva, I need your new address. Corbin drew Micah a picture or something and wants to mail it to him.

Susan Wyatt said...

Keva,
Love the pictures, especially the feet ones. Thanks for the reminder to take it one day at a time, we are in a busy season, packing, moving sales, pregnancy, 20 month old, so much going. It is hard not to go past today, but I needed to hear that. Your family looks great. Good to hear from you guys.

Susan

Cindy said...

Can they be any cuter??? I love the pictures of hands and feet. Those are my favorite.

I'm glad you're back. We miss you here in the 'Boro and are constantly thinking of you.

Lots of love,

Cindy

Amber said...

It was great to get the update. Your boys are so cute. I just can't get over how grown up Micah looks. We sure do miss you guys! Hopefully we will be able to get together sometime in the near future. You are in our prayers.
love the Alfonso's!

Isaac said...

those pictures really capture a small slice of life. Congrats!

Shelly Roberts said...

Oh you're BACK!!! Yeah!! :) So glad to see these fabulous pics of your boys! Blessings~ Shelly

coffeemom said...

Yay! I'm late on this, but SO glad you are back!