Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cooking...

One of my passions. I get this from my mom who, while I was little (and still even today as an empty-nester) loved to cook and experiment with foods, spices, and herbs. You name it she has probably tried it. She always made everything (well not everything) from scratch. Ya know the Sandra Lee(food network, Semi-homemade) way.

I wanted to go to culinary school in my early twenties, but everywhere I looked to go was not where I lived (remember I was married and settled at 21) and/or cost WAY to much money. So, it became a fleeting thought. I have daydreamed about it off and on for several years, but after watching shows like Chef Ramsey's, (are you kidding me) I realize I am not cut out to be in a restaurant kitchen. But catering has crossed my mind.

Anyway, for now I get to experiment with my family.

My sister came into town two weeks ago to do some taste testing with her chef for her wedding and my mom and I got to go with. Blair made all the things she wants on her(my sister) menu and they all broadened my food palette. The whole experience has given me the itch to be cooking for others again. I got a new cookbook right afterwards and I have been going to town not shying away from the unknowns of food but embracing them.

However for now and with a grateful heart, I will continue to be a mother and wife and play a supporting role in ministry with my husband. This too is a passion and it is where God has us. So, I will just have to use some of you in the RDU area as my guinea pigs to be able to use another creative side...cooking.

3 comments:

The Browns said...

look at you blogging two days in a row!

Miranda said...

Hey - so glad you are back and writing b/c I don't see you as much as I'd like :) We miss you guys and think of you often...love the pics - who took them?? Miss you, love love love ya.

mammarazzi said...

I'd love to test your new recipes. I'll bet they're great!

Tracy