Friday, August 29, 2008

Our New Home...

Most know we moved from the quaint town of Wake Forest to the bigger city of Durham two months ago, but some may never get a chance to see it in person (mostly you TN people that live so far away). So I thought I would invite you into my home and give you a tour. Hopefully it will make you feel closer to us.
Welcome to the Crepe Myrtle draped entrance. It really is nice.


Entrance into breakfast nook/ kitchen.
Breakfast nook. I opted for no table so the kids would have more playing room in the kitchen.
It's my favorite room in the house. It has the most natural light than any other room in the house.
Kitchen.
Foyer and base of stairs.
Living Room, left wall.
Living room, right wall.
Dining area. It is right off the kitchen and shares space with living room.
Boys large room. This picture does no justice to how lucky they are.

Master Bedroom.


Everyone is welcome.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Love your new home!! I'm sure you are enjoying the larger space.

dp said...

Thanks for the pictures, Keva! The only one I had some was from GoogleMaps—and basing one's knowledge of what someone's home looks like on a anonymous web engine search... leaves one feeling a little creepy.

That, and it's funny how many things in those pictures brought back memories... "The Atwood Couch," the kitchen table—where I ate an overwhelmingly sinful number of quesedillas, the coffee table under which Chase would frequently be sprawled out under, only to rise quickly and hit his head on the glass... good times.

Kerry said...

Beautiful, Keva!!!! I hope you are loving your new place!

Anonymous said...

okay, beautiful home, but "seeing" it makes me wanna have a cup of coffee with you. sniff, sniff. Glad you're back to blogging! Love to you all, Lisa (by the way, as usual, you have a flair for decorating!!)

Jay and Heather said...

It is beautiful! I know you guys are really enjoying your new space! Thanks for the pictures, it does help make me feel like we are still part of your lives. Miss you all.

Chris and Dawn said...

Your house looks so warm and inviting!

I'm a lurker from Tennessee, a friend of Katie Spottswood Woodruff's. We're adopting a baby boy from Ethiopia.