Thursday, August 28, 2008

One of thosse days...

We have had the craziest hectic week that has kept us from eating together, putting the kids down on time and together and just had us running all day everyday...until today. I got to catch up on laundry that has been sitting in piles since Monday morning, clean my house and just be at home. Then late afternoon hits and I get down in the dumps because once again, Trev has a commitment that takes him away from the house for dinner & bedtime.

I know many of you out there have husbands that work a lot and probably way more than mine and I should not be complaining, but it is hard and it is something I have to be in prayer about a lot or I get overwhelmed and then that makes me take it out on Trev. Contrary to my attitude I actually want him to fulfill his commitments that take him away from home a lot because i know it puts him in front of college students who need to know him and trust him, in order to minister the best he can to them. But ya know, it used to be something we did together and now it is very hard for me to go to one quarter of events, etc. I know the day will come when my kids are older and that will allow me to be more of a presence and support.

I know I am venting, just needed to get it off my chest so I could move on to making that dinner and preparing for that bedtime, I joyously get to do alone (;

This to shall pass...it already is. Thank you Jesus!

4 comments:

The Browns said...

People take for granted how many hours pastors put in! I know I did before we were in the ministry. This is the first night in 2 weeks that we have eaten supper together! I feel your pain, sister.

God sure trusts us with a lot, doesn't he? Love yall!

Lori said...

I know exactly what you mean. When we were in NJ and when we were more a part of the church plant here I felt like that often. I tried to do the same thing you do and remind myself it will pass. I remind myself how fun it will be when the girls are older and we'll all get to do ministry together. Thanks for helping me remember I'm not alone when I feel like I'm home alone. There are many other moms doing it. I try to think about the military moms whose husbands are in Iraq for the next year. Oh that would be so hard.

Jen T. said...

I remember the SAME feeling when I had children and had to step out of my role in student ministry to care for them. It is a hard adjustment, but slowly I can see ways that being at home IS ministry with David!

Shelly Roberts said...

Oh Hon .... hard days indeed! Man I sure wish you were closer so we could come over and cheer you up. :) Blessings~ Shelly