Thursday, August 30, 2007

One Month Down!

We officially have one month, five weeks, 31 days under our belt. Waiting for a referral that is. It was difficult in the beginning, but the wait has gotten easier. I was finding myself those first few days so anxious and just on pins in needles for the phone to ring and it be Natalie at Gladney, saying "We have a little boy for you." I have had to pray a lot about my anxiety and ask God to remove those temptations to worry and fret over the wait. And with each passing day it has gotten easier. I don't jump when to phone rings anymore (:

God is good and He continues to remind me that He is in control and He will give us a little boy...in HIS timing. He has also been reminding me of the wait for Micah. We began the process to adopt 1 1/2 years, before we adopted Micah. We began the journey through domestic adoption and God lead us to international a year later and Micah came home in a record five months. The first year(waiting) was hard, but God knew the plan He had for us and He pushed and stretched us and ultimately brought us to our little boy.

I find myself watching every little boy that could be Isaac's age and thinking how fun it will be to have a little one in the house again. Micah was so adorable and had the sweetest voice when he was 18mos. - thru 2yrs (of course he still is adorable, just in a different way). It was kind of mousy, and his pronunciation of words was dead on. So, you would have this little boy with this little voice saying these big words, correctly. I just can't wait. Oh, but I did see a diaper commercial today and it shook me to reality...YUCK. I don't look forward to diapers again. Oh well, big deal huh!

I was told that our dossier is almost completely translated and authenticated in Ethiopia and we should be put in line for a court date. I ask how court works as far as how many adoptions they process in a day, how often they meet, etc. I didn't get much info. I also don't understand how we are put on any court list if we don't have a referral, but I just say, "Okay." and scratch my head when i get off the phone. If anyone out there knows anything about how referrals and court dates work with Gladney and want to shed some light on this for me...PLEASE do!

So, we wait...and be content.

6 comments:

Drew Carey Show said...

Just found your blog through another blog. We're also with Gladney and five weeks ahead of you in the waiting game... but we're waiting for a girl, so chances are, we could be in the same travel timetables. I'll be checking back on your progress!

Lindsey and Cortney said...

We have heard nothing about courtdates and dossiers over this way. Did you have to specifically ask that question to Natalie? I spoke with her last week and she didn't mention our dossier!?@?! Let me know if you find anything out from anyone!

Lindsey and Cortney said...

Sounds promising. Maybe your baby boy is there and just clearing through medicals and getting in line for a court date is a logical step. And maybe just maybe my baby boy is there with him and they are playmates!!! If you ever do get to talk to Natalie about it please keep me informed about what that might mean.

Lindsey and Cortney said...

It is good to hear that I am not the only one Natalie withholds info from! She assured me it was in our best interest to not get focused on numbers, and honestly I need to let go and let God take over!! He is the capable one after all. You have such an inspiring way of thinking and feeling about the wait. I aspire to be as at peace with this as you are and I hope that I can continue to remember that this isn't about me or even our baby boy...it is about our service to God.
We are waiting for a boy under 12 months so I hope when the wave of referrals comes along we both get a call!!
God Bless,
Lindsey

Drew Carey Show said...

This is what Mary told us in an email where I asked her about the translation, court process, etc. (I got this email back in July): "your dossier had been delivered to Addis Ababa
on June 28th. It is in the process of being translated and
re-authenticated. Once completed, your dossier will be held with our in-country
representative. Once you receive and accept a referral, your dossier
will then be submitted to the courts. I will fill you in on the details
of that process when the time comes." Hope that helps!

Unknown said...

Dunno the E process, I have blocked out most of the Russian one - but all I have to say is COME ON PHONE CALL!

In answer to your question on my blog - Indian Hills. But not like it sounds. We got a DEAL and a HALF. On market 10 mos. Came down a TON. Hope the roof doesn't fall in!!